Spectacular 6,000 sq foot home, just 20 miles South of Taos, NM borders the Carson National Forest. Possible terms on real-estate, household, tools, EVERYTHING MUST GO.
HICKEY ESTATE INFO.
James E. Hickey, USAF Retired Pentagon Colonel, passed away in 2005. He and his wife, Ruth Ann Hickey purchased the property in 1979. Ruth Ann continued to live alone in their home until fall 2013. Together they remodeled the home from a modest dwelling to a spectacular abode.
SOME WONDERFUL FACTS: 6,000 sq. ft. under roof. Solar Heat; Wood stoves; Stunning, finished Knotty Pine throughout, leaving warm, open space; Several patios, both indoor and outdoor along with plenty of garage space. FISHING salmon & trout in Rivers, streams & lakes. Rio de Pueblo River is almost within casting distance. HIKING/RIDING: 50 Mountain Trails in The Carson National Forest borders property flourishing with wild life and exquisite, imaginative, inspiring artistic beauty.
The Personal Representative, Ahmad Moore appointed Lockhart Auction & Realty LLC, based in Steamboat Springs and Denver with affiliate offices in NM and all western states.
to sell the real estate and all remaining personal property item by item at auction. Jim Irwin, Corner Post CO, LLC NM responsible broker.
Seller is represented by Clifford J. Johnson, Esq.P.A.
INSPECTION: Mid-August thru Auction Day. Come by if OPEN sign is up or call for preview. 303.710.9999
TERMS: PERSONAL PROPERTY: (1) Cash or credit card. Checks only when accompanied with letter of Credit from your bank, good for sale day. (2) REMOVAL: All items must be removed sale day. (3) Ten (10%) buyers premium will be added to all items, including real estate. Please keep this in mind while bidding. (4) All items will be sold “As is-Where is” condition.
REAL ESTATE TERMS:
1. Property is being sold AS-IS. You are welcome to make appointment for any and all inspections desired at buyers expense prior to sale.
2. $5,000.00 (REFUNDABLE) certified funds to receive Bidder number on real estate.
3. High bidder to pay $20,000.00 (Twenty Thousand Dollars, non-refundable) down payment upon signing contract
4. Cash upon closing. Closing will be by way of usual and customary real estate contract calling for placement of deeds in escrow with delivery of deed upon payment in full.
5. Seller financing if desired, call the auctioneer for terms.
6. Title search available for buyers review. Sellers’ sole obligation of title at closing is execution and delivery of warranty deed. Any title insurance desired by the buyer will be at buyers option and expense.
7. Ten (10% Buyers Premium will be added to the high bid to arrive at final purchase price.
8. Closing will be on or before September 15, 2014.
9. Taxes will be pro-rated as of date of closing.
10. Possession upon closing.
11. ASK ABOUT PRE-BID DISCOUNT.
Announcements made sale day take precedence over printed material.
Cookie Lockhart has received many accolades and people are drawn to her
big personality, sparkly demeanor and humble character.
Cookie Lockhart is the first woman inducted into the Colorado Auctioneers’ Hall Of Fame (2002) and the first woman inducted into the National Auctioneers’ Hall of Fame (2007), her proudest accomplishment to-date. She maintains her reputation by retaining her various certifications, accreditations, and real estate license.
Cookie travels the United States auctioneering, speaking, inspiring auctioneer graduates at commencement, and helping with fund raising events, 4-H clubs, and rodeos. Cookie has been described as “A Rock Star in the Auction World” and “The First Lady of Auctioneering”
Cookie is one of the fortunate few who found a job which is also her passion- and she sure is passionate about it! She has several mantras by which she lives, including:
“When you make other people feel good, you feel good.”
“You have to look successful to be successful … and you need to be dressed for the part.” Cookie’s trademark fashion- (big) hats and (sparkly) glasses are as much a part of her as her distinctive voice. She says, “If you’re gonna wear glasses you might as well sparkly ones, good ones!” and that hats have always been important in (her) family.
For the latest news, announcements, and just to keep up with Cookie (whew…. that’s a tall order!) view the News page!