Meet Cookie Lockhart
Cookie Lockhart — “The First Lady of Auctioneering”
Cookie Lockhart is all about the success of Auctions! Cookie was the first woman ever to be inducted into the Colorado Auctioneers Hall of Fame(2002) AND the first woman ever inducted into the National Auctioneers’ Hall of Fame (2007) — her proudest accomplishments to-date! Cookie is recognized as “Auctioneering Royalty” and is quite flamboyant and captivating. Her diverse knowledge and expertise brings forth unequaled success to each and every auction she embraces.
She is currently focusing on Colorado Auctions, selling estate, real estate and fund-raising auctions. In the past, she has sold several millions of dollar auctions for businesses, banks and private parties including a liquidation of a multi-million dollar oil company involving auctions in 22 states taking 3 years for completion. She has been featured as a guest auctioneer at numerous auctions for Registered Livestock, Big Equipment, Real Estate and Fund Raisers in various states and has been publicized in multiple books and magazines, as well as appearing on various TV shows and making radio commercials.
Cookie travels the United States auctioning, speaking, inspiring auctioneer graduates at commencement, and helping with fund raising events, 4-H clubs, and rodeos. Cookie has been described as “A Rock Star in the Auction World” and “The First Lady of Auctioneering”. She has received many accolades and people are drawn to her big personality, sparkly demeanor and humble character. Cookie’s trademark fashion (big) hats and (sparkly) glasses are as much a part of her as her distinctive voice. She says, “If you’re gonna wear glasses you might as well wear good sparkly ones!” and that hats have always been important in her family.
Cookie is one of the fortunate few who found a job which is also her passion- and she sure is passionate about it! She has several mantras by which she lives, including:
“When you make other people feel good, you feel good.”
“You have to look successful to be successful … and you need to be dressed for the part.”
Cookie maintains her reputation by retaining her various certifications, accreditations, and real estate licenses.
- COOKIE LOCKHART holds the distinctive title of being the first woman ever to be inducted into THE NATIONAL AUCTIONEERS HALL OF FAME!
- A Proud, Active Member of the National Auctioneers Association attending countless conventions and educational seminars.
- Member of the Colorado Auctioneers’ Association since the early 1960s, serving on the board of directors for 18 years, served as President.
- Graduate of the Reisch World Wide School of Auctioneering in 1963, Guest instructor at auction school numerous times.
- In 2002, Cookie was the first female to be inducted into the Colorado Auctioneers’ Hall of Fame.
- Real estate broker in Colorado since 1971.
- CAI (Certified Auctioneers Institute) in 1981.
- CES (Certified Estate Specialist) designation in 2004.
- GPPA (Graduate, Personal Property Appraiser) designation in 2006.
- Expert witness classes held in Charleston, South Carolina in 2006.
- AARE (Accredited Auctioneer Real Estate) designation in 2006.
- Active in Chamber of Commerce in past (many events).
- Rotarian for 16 years and a Paul Harris (Fellowette) .
- Community activities include Event Planning and Fund Raising for Hospitals, Rotary, 4-H Clubs, Ducks Unlimited, Kiwanis, Safehavens, Senior Centers, Schools, Churches, MissRodeoColorado and numerous other charity auctions.
- Past President of Toastmasters International
A TRIBUTE TO COOKIE —
“Cookie Lockhart – Queen of Auctioneers”
Written & Recited by: Susie Knight
performed at the Cochise Cowboy Poetry & Music Gathering